Q1. Now that the exam date for AIPMT 2015 has been announced and only six months are left for AIPMT 2015, what preparation plan and strategy student should follow keeping board exam in mind?
In case if a student is taking coaching then coaching institute will take care of Board & Pre-Medical preparation like what we do at Career Point.
The subjects are same in both Board and AIPMT, so there is no need to be panic. To ensure good marks in board, student just have to practice Board Pattern Test papers. At the same time, student should continue to sharpen his/her question solving skills to ensure success in competitive examination.
Biggest challenge which student will face now is management of time. For this they should follow a time table. Time table should be made according to the weight-age of subject. One should give more time to topics having more weight-age and tricky/difficult chapter. Student should not repeat the same topic with various books as it is merely wastage of time.
Q2. You interact with a lot of students on a frequent basis. What are important topics for Physics, Chemistry and Biology that you think students must focus on to perform well in AIPMT 2015 and other medical entrance exams?
See, as per competitive exam point of view every topic is important as there is no set trend. But still following topics seem to be important and must be mastered thoroughly:
- Physics: Heat and Thermodynamics, Waves, Optics, Modern Physics
- Chemistry: Ionic Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, GOC, Carbohydrates, Proteins and Polymers, P Block, Chemical Bonding
- Biology: Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Ecology, Genetics
Please suggest important books for Physics, Chemistry and Biology that are very important and help the AIPMT aspirants prepare in the best way.
NCERT Books, Class Notes, Sheets or Study Material of Coaching institutes are important. Students can arrange these materials through their own resources or can get through DLP programs of reputed institutes like Career Point. Moreover nowadays online material and test series are also available to students in nominal rates.
What could be the possible level of difficulty as compared to last year? Do you think that AIPMT 2015 will be easier than AIPMT 2014?
Generally examiners set a balanced paper and there is no set rule of being easy or difficult. Considering the level of competition and preparation of students it should be of good level to select best brain to be selected.
What should be the key areas to play in this AIPMT 2015 exam?
Again, there is no set trend but yeah, on the basis of experience we can suggest subject wise tips which a student should follow:
- Theoretical Questions related to Modern Physics are too easy and having very less calculations therefore students of biology must emphasize on that.
- In Heat and thermodynamics majority of questions are of P-Y graph or principles of thermodynamics which are easy to solve
- First solve direct formula based questions of any topic.
- In case if any question is of lengthy calculation then first try to solve through approximation or as per options.
- You may solve Career Point’s Full Syllabus Test papers to cover the entire syllabus effectively
- Try to practice Numerical based questions
- See NCERT theory & questions
- Give more Emphasis on 12th Class topics
- Give emphasis on Chemical Bonding, Co-ordination Compound
- NCERT questions
- Also solve Previous year AIPMT papers
- Name Reactions
- Bio-molecules, Polymer and Chemistry in everyday life as per NCERT
For Biology students must prepare Diagrams, Charts and tables given in NCERT books.
- Prepare flow chart for Mechanism of Physiology for quick revision
- Cover CP Full syllabus test papers which are precisely designed to cater the need of AIPMT by expert team
Focus on following topics:
Physics: Heat and Thermodynamics, Waves, Optics, Modern Physics
Chemistry: Ionic Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, GOC, Carbohydrates, Proteins and Polymers, P Block, Chemical Bonding
Biology: Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Ecology, Genetics
Any other message you would like to share with AIPMT 2015 aspirants?
Students should take the exam with full confidence without any stress.
Try to better your performance by taking as many as test you can. If you loose confidence you loose the battle.
How should a candidate prepare himself/herself for the exam day-as a lot of students get nervous and lose concentration? What would you advise to ensure that they feel confident and give their best shot during the exam?
Following are the suggestive measures to do the best in the exam and to convert that knowledge into success relatively better:
|Do’s before and during the exam on the same day||Don’ts before or during the exam on the same day|
|Must check your examination centre one day prior so as to avoid last moment rush||Don’t be panic about the preparation|
|Must be sure about the examination centre in case having 2 or more centres or schools of same name||Don’t loose your patience and confidence|
|Just revise the major formula’s and short notes||Don’t see anything new which you have not seen before|
|Be Calm and confident||Sleep well, don’t oversleep|
|Carefully read the instructions given of question paper||Don’t be in hurry and read it carefully|
|Fill all the information correct, roll no, name etc||Don’t use pen where pencil is required|
|Read the questions carefully and mark right, cross and circle as per the level of difficulty||Don’t start with the difficult questions first|
|First solve all those questions in which you are confident that is those marked right, then those marked with a circle and at last the crossed ones.||Don’t jump here and there sequentially solve easy questions first|
|Fill the answer in case if you have done ample questions||Don’t be in too much hurry while filing the answer as one mistake of your leads to one wrong answer|
|First complete all those questions which are marked right, then go for circle one then at last crossed one||Don’t waste too much of time on one question. In case of lengthy calculations first use approx. method|
All the best!